Sunday 14 September 2008

Starlight, starbright, first star I see tonight...

Today was Traditions. It was really really really... Good! We got on the privet bus from the commons. and headed to the Disney university. This was situated behind the magic kingdom. I've seen photos of the building before but it looked much nicer being there in person.
My trainer was called Jessica. She was an amazing cast member, and I'm so glad I had such an enthusiastic character to plant the seed in my career.
I'm sworn to secrecy so I can't tell you much about the class. We had a few videos and you could answer questions to win little disney figures. I got a Tink and a Daisey Duck. I filled up A LOT during this class. During the 4 breaks that we had, not including lunch, I got talking to Jessica. I explained that I had a particular interest in the history of the Company, and that out of the whole Disney experience I was looking forward to traditions the most! We shared facts about Walt, Walt Disney World, and The Disney Company. She said, "I like you James. If you are ever in the break room at EPCOT, and want an interlectual conversation just find me." I felt amazing that someone thought I was interlectual. I'm so glad that I found my passion in Disney as I can finally be really good at something that I love doing.
We got a special traditions cast member exclusive pin, and finnished with a video tour of the whole of Walt Disney World.
As I picked up my pin, and walked out the door, I gave a big wave goodbye to Jessica. She said "Goodbye James!" I then said, "I went all through school, feeling very bored in class, and never paying attention... But THAT was the best class I've ever had!"
We had gotten our cast member passes so we went to Magic Kingdom to see wishes... After the show I turned to Tracey and said, "Did you cry?" To which she replied, "Yes, because my wish has now come true." And I cried.

2 comments:

Gary Bradley said...

that last line made me tear up! :(

disneymerchie08 said...

Thanks for the comment Gary.

I reminded Tracey about this day not so long ago. Many happy memories.